Error!


Javascript is required for Our World of Energy!

We use Javascript to add unique and interesting functionality to the site including menu navigation and saving your favorite pages!


Please turn Javascript on in order to continue.
Loading, please wait...
X
This is a test message!

This is a test message!
 
OWOE - Introduction To Energy - What are the main uses of energy?
 
 
 
What are the main uses of energy?

The United States consumes energy for two primary uses. Approximately 30% of the total energy used is for transportation, primarily in the form of gasoline and diesel fuel. The remaining 70% is used in the generation of electrical power. However, with advances in technology this split is getting fuzzier. Electric powered vehicles are becoming more important, and electric power will start replacing gasoline for transportation.


Back To
Introduction To Energy
More Topics